Tuesday 8 December 2015

My 1st Reflection of The Year

Since I have started this course in September I have learnt that my preferred learning style is reading and writing. This means when I'm learning I understand things better if I can read it or make notes on it. I have also used different learning styles since I have started this course in September. I have used kinaesthetic and visual. When I used kinaesthetic I was creating poster and mind maps to help me learn and when I used visual I was make an action plan for where I wanted to be in a year.

One of my first problems was that my laptop was running to slow for the lesson. To resolve this problem I told my tutor and she manage to get a network cable from the IT department at college. Doing this made the laptop run fast so I could keep up with the lessons. Another problem I had was struggling with what things went in the credit and debit side of a balance sheet in my bookkeeping unit. I solve this problem by just revising and practicing how to do them. My last problem was I had a week off college because I was too ill to come in so I missed a couple of lessons. To stop myself missing out on my work I emailed my tutors to send me the work I missed or asked one of my friends to get it for me.

In one of my business and personal skills lessons we worked in groups to discuss what was important to do and not to do at a job interview. We made a poster and put sticky notes on it and decided in our group where on the poster it should go depending on how important it was. After we did that we swapped it with another group to see if they agree with us and we did the same with their poster. If we didn't agree the order they put their sticky notes we could change them around but we had to give a reason why we changed it. They could do the same with our poster.

I could use my learning blog to help me revise in the future and remind myself who to do things I did at the beginning of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment